Highly qualified employment in companies - Hiring Highly Qualified Human Resources (PME or CoLAB) - CENTRO-59-2018-23
StartUp Zero is an innovation and entrepreneurship project focused on the transition to the circular economy that combines the acceleration of circular business models by design to create market value, with the empowerment of consumers starting with young people from the 3rd cycle onwards.
BeirInov proposes to ensure sustainability in the value chain of stuffed products, including smoked and cooked, from the Serra da Estrela region. This combines two aspects of sustainability, in the product (elimination of chemical preservatives) and in the packaging (100% recyclable film). CECOLAB leads the Research Line: Sustainability and Ecodesign of the Supply Chain and Life Cycle Assessment, transversal to all activities.
Development of a new bio-PLA extrusion equipment, with simultaneous injection of bioactive compounds, in a modular way, for the production of flexible single and multilayer biofunctional films for food packaging. CECOLAB, as the leading promoter, will be responsible for the Ecodesign and circularity performance (beginning and end of life) and functionality of the line for the market (efficiency in increasing shelf life, resulting from the use of bioactive extracts).
CIIM-Circular Innovation Inter-Municipality: Circular tools and dynamic approach to increase the efficiency of macroeconomic metabolisms, for the development of an initiative to promote entrepreneurship in the Circular Economy.
The project WinBio - "Waste&Interior&Bioeconomy", aims to enhance the economic value of R&D results and reinforce the transfer of scientific and technological knowledge to the business sector of the interior territories within the scope of the Circular and Sustainable Bioeconomy.
CECOLAB has at its disposal software certified in accordance with ISO 14040 and 14044 standards, based on the concepts of the
Lifecycle and Material Flow Analysis.
The Software is accompanied by the Ecoinvent database with more than 18000 life cycle inventories.
Increased resource efficiency and improved environmental performance through efficient management of material and energy flow
Optimal solutions to reduce resource and energy consumption and optimize the environmental performance of your products
ACV for calculating all environmental impacts and cost accounting (e.g. life cycle costing & MFCA) with ecological assessment
National Invention Patent n.º 117908: Construction of sustainable modular buildings from end-of-life wind turbines, promoting the circular economy and the concept of “zero waste”.
International Patent of Invention No. PCT/IB2021/062390: Masonry system that includes a modular primary masonry unit with final coating and thermal and acoustic insulation, with several derivations (e.g. RCD recovery). The masonry system guarantees the construction of a wall with a final finish, and simultaneous thermal and acoustic insulation. The present patent already has a prototype developed (TRL4).
TECH TO MARKET
CECOLAB develops market-oriented innovation activities, focusing on the development of new products, processes and services, aiming to:
Become an international reference for the knowledge development and for the implementation of solutions in the circular economy sector
Place products and services on the market that increase the efficiency of mass and energy flows in the focus innovation chains
Increase synergies between different entities (industrial symbiosis) and increase the network cooperation to gain international competitiveness
Technical and Scientific Publications
- Sosa F. H. B., Abranches D.O., da Costa Lopes A. M C, Coutinho J. A. P., da Costa M. (2020)Kraft Lignin Solubility and Its Chemical Modification in Deep Eutectic Solvents. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2020 8 (50), 18577-18589.
- Da Costa Lopes, A. M. (2021) Biomass Delignification with Green Solvents Towards Lignin Valorisation: Ionic Liquids Vs Deep Eutectic Solvents. Acta Innovations 40: 64-78.
- Millan D, Novak U and Da Costa Lopes AM (2021) Editorial: Green and Sustainable Solutions for Fractionating Lignocellulosic Biomass. Front. Chem. 9:803431.
- Nunes J, Barros A D, Fonseca M, Figueiredo F, Paiva, J A P. (2021). O Paradigma da Circularidade no Setor da Construção: Desafios e Contributos do CECOLAB. Keramica 370 (Maio Junho):28
- Oral, H.V., Radinja, M.,Rizzo, A., Kearney, K., Andersen,T.R., Krzeminski, P., Buttiglieri, G.,Ayral-Cinar, D., Comas, J.,Gajewska, M., et al. (2021) Management of Urban Waters with Nature-Based Solutions in Circular Cities—Exemplified through Seven Urban Circularity Challenges. Water 13, 3334.
- Pearlmutter, D., Pucher, B., Calheiros, C.S.C., Hoffmann, K.A., Aicher, A., Pinho, P., Stracqualursi, A., Korolova, A., Pobric, A., Galvão, A., et al. (2021) ClosingWater Cycles in the Built Environment through Nature-Based Solutions: The Contribution of Vertical Greening Systems and Green Roofs. Water 13, 2165.
- Soares B, da Costa Lopes A M, Silvestre A J D, Pinto P C R, Freire C S R, Coutinho J A P (2021) Wood delignification with aqueous solutions of deep eutectic solvents. Industrial Crops and Products 160 (February): 113128.
- van Hullebusch, E.D., Bani, A., Carvalho, M., Cetecioglu, Z., De Gusseme, B., Di Lonardo, S., Djolic, M., van Eekert, M., Griessler Bulc, T., Haznedaroglu, B.Z., et al. (2021) Nature-Based Units as Building Blocks for Resource Recovery Systems in Cities. Water 13, 3153.
- Sales H., Figueiredo F., Patto M.C.V., Nunes J. (2022) Assessing the environmental sustainability of Portuguese olive growing practices from a life cycle assessment perspective. Journal of Cleaner Production 355: 131692.
CECOLAB plays a leading and accelerating role in the development and transfer of knowledge and technologies to the market, Investors can count on an institution dedicated to the development of innovative products and services to face the challenges and drive the transition from a Linear Economy to a Circular Economy. Investing in innovation for the Circular Economy means investing in the future of Society and the Planet. CECOLAB has a department dedicated to investor relations.